Tuesday, July 17, 2012

REVIEW: "BITE ME" - by Mike Faricy


BITE ME
by Mike Faricy

REVIEWED BY: Books4Tomorrow

OVERVIEW

Another Dev Haskell tale, they can be read in any order you wish. Wise cracking, back slapping, wrong thinking PI Dev Haskell has just landed his dream job, providing security for people who don’t need it in the first place, until someone shoots at them in broad daylight. Things quickly fly out of control and Dev suddenly finds himself under the police microscope, literally tied up in a relationship and dodging a growing pile of bodies that all seem to be linked to him. Another in the entertaining Dev Haskell series from Minnesota’s Master of the Bizarre, Mike Faricy

REVIEW

I’m new to Mike Faricy’s books, and reading the premise for “Bite Me” I was a little skeptical that it might not be a book I would enjoy. But on the recommendation of a good friend with similar tastes in books as what I have, I took a leap of faith and gave it a go. I was not disappointed!

What an enjoyable and wonderfully humorous read it was. Dev Haskell is a one-of-a-kind character - you either love him or hate him. I found him very entertaining and the calamitous situations he got himself into had me devouring one chapter after the other.
The only downsides were a few unnecessary grammar errors, and a rather abrupt ending, but I nonetheless enjoyed the book tremendously and had a hard time putting it down.

Great story, a few twists, realistic characters, superb dialogue, and a lot of laughs made this a fantastic read! I’ll definitely be reading the other Dev Haskell novels as well, and I’m eagerly looking forward to the next book, “Bombshell”, being released in September 2012. “Bite Me” is more than deserving of its 5 star rating!



READ more REVIEWS

“Bite Me” by Mike Faricy has 9 reviews on GoodReads. Read it here.

PURCHASE LINK


AUTHOR LINKS

Mike Faricy Facebook page
Twitter

No comments:

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...