Friday, January 6, 2012

SHOWCASING + AUTHOR INTERVIEW: "Existence" by Abbi Glines


EXISTENCE
by Abbi Glines

OVERVIEW

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.

READ the REVIEWS

“Existence” by Abbi Glines has 201 reviews on GoodReads. Read it here – http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13223520-existence

INTERVIEW with author ABBI GLINES

Q: What sparked the idea for “Existence”?

A: I wanted to write a paranormal series or trilogy but I didn’t want to do something that had been done so many ways there was no way I could improve it. So, while playing around with ideas in my head for weeks the idea to personify death came to me. It just went from there...

Q: What was the hardest part of writing “Existence”?

A: Once I started writing it, I couldn’t stop. So the hardest part was taking time outs to eat and sleep.

Q: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in “Existence”?

A: I might have made Leif a tad less lovable.

Q: If you can have dinner with any of the characters in “Existence”, who would it be and why?

A: Dank. Have you seen the guy on my cover? Enough said.

Q: Could you tell us more about your next book?

A: Predestined is the next book in this trilogy. It picks up right where Existence leaves off. Without giving too much away for those who haven’t read it yet, the last sentence that has everyone yelling “WTF” at me on Twitter is immediately addressed  in the beginning of Predestined. However, Dank has made a mistake in someone’s actual identity so things get a little wild from there. Here’s the blurb for it:

You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.


The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited. 

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it.  Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on. 

Although this is the next book in the Existence Trilogy it isn’t my next book to be released. I have a YA contemporary coming out on Valentine’s Day, Because of Low.

Q: What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

A: 8am-2:30pm then again from 10pm-1am. I do very little sleeping, eating and cleaning the house while writing.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

A: I am an avid reader! When not writing I will read at least a book a day. I also plan Disney World trips. We go every year and I plan each trip for months in advance. I’m obsessed with the place. I also spend a lot of time on the water in the summer with my kids and husband. We live along the Mobile Bay so the water is a big part of our lives.

Q: List four "Good to Know" facts about you.

A: Okay this should be fun...
1.  I cried like a baby when I walked the halls of Hogwarts in Universal Studios Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I’m talking snot cried... loudly.
2.  When I was eight years old I decided to find a good use for the strange white pads with a sticky side that my mother kept under her bathroom cabinet. So, I stuck those “pads” on my knees and elbows and went outside to skate down the street with my cool new protective gear. Needless to say I got A LOT of attention from people passing by. I think I may have given the old lady next door a small heart attack. Later that night, after several calls from the neighbors, my mother had to sit down with me and the box of maxi pads I’d plundered and explain exactly what those were used for.
3.  I still watch Dawson’s Creek regularly. I’m very attached to Pacey and Joey. I can’t walk away from them.
4.  I absolutely completely believe in ghosts. I lived in a house with one for years. No one can convince me they don’t exist. I’ve had one playfully harass me. She enjoyed waking me up at night by getting in my ear and chanting my name, rocking in the chair in my bedroom while I was in there alone and turning off and on lamps as I walked by. She scared the bejesus out of guests too. But she was harmless. A prankster of sorts.

Q: Do you have a favourite quote you want to share with your readers?

A: “The power of doing anything with quickness is always prized much by the possessor, and often without any attention to the imperfection of the performance.” Jane Austen

Q: Do you have any advice for other writers?

A: Write daily. Even if it sucks. It’s a muscle that gets stronger with use. Learn to take advice as well as criticism. Even the harshest critics have something to teach you. Everyone’s work can be better so take it all in and then decide what you think will better your work and what you don’t feel works for you.

AUTHOR LINKS

Twitter: @abbiglines

PURCHASE LINKS for “EXISTENCE” by Abbi Glines


COMING FEBRUARY 14, 2012

BECAUSE OF LOW
by Abbi Glines

OVERVIEW

In my debut novel, Breathe, Sadie may have fallen in love with the teen rock star, Jax Stone, but readers fell head over heels for Marcus Hardy. This is his story…

Marcus Hardy had hoped to enjoy a year away at college while he put the summer he’d rather forget behind him. But instead, he’s jerked right back to the coastal town of Sea Breeze, Alabama due to a family crisis. His dear ol' dad found himself a girlfriend only a few years older than Marcus. So now his sister needs help dealing with their mother who is mentally falling apart. The only bright spot to returning is the fascinating red head who sleeps over several times a week. The problem is she's sleeping in bed with his new roommate, Cage Watson.

Willow “Low” Foster needs a place to live. Running to Cage’s apartment every time her sister kicks her out isn’t exactly a long term solution. Juggling her courses at the local community college and a part time job doesn’t produce excess income. But Cage has a new roommate and suddenly sleeping over at her best friend’s apartment isn’t such a bad thing. Not when she gets to see those sexy green eyes of Marcus Hardy’s twinkle when he smiles at her like he wants her there.
Even though Cage seems a little territorial where Low is concerned, Marcus finds time to spend with Low without upsetting his roommate. Cage may use his small college baseball star persona to sleep with every hot female in his path but he’s still under the disillusion that when he’s through sowing his wild oats, he’s going to marry Low. Marcus intends to change that assumption for both Cage and Low. Until his carefully laid plans come crashing down with a revelation he never expected. He’ll have to choose between Low or his family. Because once the truth comes out.... there’s no other choice.

MORE BOOKS by ABBI GLINES



Available from www.amazon.com 

No comments:

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...