Sunday, August 10, 2014

MOVIE REVIEW: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY




Title: Guardians of the Galaxy
Starring: Bradley Cooper, Chris Pratt, Vin Diesel
Genres: Action, Adventure, Sci-fi
Year: 2014
Spoilers: Nope

My rating: 5/5

SUMMARY

After stealing a mysterious orb in the far reaches of outer space, human Peter Quill is now the main target of a manhunt led by the villain known as Ronan the Accuser. To help fight Ronan and his team and save the galaxy from his power, Quill creates a team known as the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' to save the world.


REVIEW

Last weekend was a fantastic weekend. My only brother lives on the other side of the country, so we don’t get to see him often. But, he had to fly down for official business, and so he spent the weekend with us. One of the things we did was to go to the IMAX to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, because my brother has wanted to watch it for some time.

Space movies aren’t quite my thing, but a few minutes into the movie I was having a blast. It’s the type of movie the entire family can watch, and both my kids were enjoying it as much as my husband, brother, and I did. And of course my man, Vin Diesel, has a role in it (as a tree!), so naturally Groot was also my favorite character. But in all honesty every character was likeable in some way or another and it was hard to choose which one stood out more than the rest. It being in 3D was an even bigger treat, and the cinematics were breathtaking! The action is balanced with lots of humor, and the “golden oldies” music gave the movie character.

If you enjoyed The Avengers, chances are you might also enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy. Go watch it! 

Full cast here.





You can watch the trailer here.





Follow us with:

No comments:

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...