Saturday, December 15, 2012

REVIEW: "THE LIFE WE DREAM" - by JH Glaze


THE LIFE WE DREAM
by JH Glaze

REVIEWED BY: Books4Tomorrow

OVERVIEW

This story is a departure from the Horror/Thriller Genres for J.H. Glaze and explores the author's views on the enduring aspects of true love.

When Jack Bailey receives a call from an old friend, he discovers that the girl he has loved for most of his life is in hospice and only has a short time to live. Through his memories, we learn of the development of his feelings for her and how his unrequited love came to be. 

Come with Jack on his journey of recollection in this bittersweet tale of hope and discovery that may well allow you to believe that anything is possible in 'The Life We Dream'.

REVIEW

“The Life We Dream” proves that this magnificent thriller/horror author can write anything he puts his mind to. I’ve read “The Spirit Box”, “NorthWest”, “Forced Intelligence” and the first two books in the Horror Challenge series by JH Glaze, which are books all written for the horror genre (which is my favorite genre, so by the way), and thus I was a little apprehensive about reading a paranormal romance by my favorite horror author. I mean, wouldn’t you also be a little skeptical if Stephen King wrote a Danielle Steele-like book? Well, turns out I had nothing to fear. This is nowhere near Danielle Steele or the likes, but at the same time it’s a far cry from JH Glaze’s usual horror/thriller themes. Of course, the only thing different about this novella really is that it’s a paranormal romance and not horror, but the writing is the same precisely crafted high quality writing as that which readers of his previous books are already accustomed to. Surprisingly – because I’m not a fan of romance books at all – I enjoyed this inimitable quick read much more than I thought I would. I also love the cover and title as it fits the story perfectly. Once again I was left in awe of how efficiently the characters were brought to life and the vivid descriptions of each setting that made me feel as though I was part of Jack and Sarah’s lives. The anecdotes they shared with one another were both whimsical and humorous, and I had to reach for the Kleenex on more than one occasion. So without giving any spoilers, all I can really say is that this is most certainly a worthwhile read and I would love to read more paranormal romance stories by this author who clearly has no limits to his creativity. Two thumbs up and loud applause to JH Glaze for once again creating another unforgettable magnum opus!

 



PURCHASE LINK


AUTHOR LINK

JH Glaze Facebook Page

No comments:

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...