Saturday, March 23, 2013

REVIEW+FREE E-BOOK: "MILA 2.0: ORIGINS: INTO THE FIRE" (Mila 2.0, #0.5) - by Debra Driza


Title: “Mila 2.0: Origins: The Fire
Series: (Mila 2.0, #0.5)
Author: Debra Driza
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: January 8, 2013
Genre: YA, Sci-fi
Reviewed by: Books4Tomorrow
Source: Free download
My star rating: 4/5

SUMMARY

Heart-stopping and electric, MILA 2.0: Origins: The Fire contains a short prequel story and an excerpt to MILA 2.0, the first book in a riveting Bourne Identity–style trilogy by Debra Driza.

Mila can't remember anything before the fire that took her father's life. It's normal to have some memory loss after traumatic events, but Mila doesn't remember if she's ever learned to ride a bike, or if she's ever been in love. Nothing.

What she doesn't know is that she isn't supposed to remember—that she was built in a computer science lab and programmed to forget. Because if she remembers, she might discover her true identity.

The question is: If she relived the fire, what would she see?

REVIEW

I downloaded this novella from Amazon for free a few days ago, and it must be the shortest short story I’ve ever read on kindle. No seriously, it’s short! The entire story of Mila reliving a memory of her trying to save her parents from a house fire, comprises an entire 15 percent of the kindle version of this novella. The rest of the 85 percent that’s left are the first few chapters of Mila 2.0 – a Bourne Identity-style trilogy.

Debra Driza’s debut, Mila 2.0, has been receiving a lot of hype and loads of positive reviews on Goodreads and Amazon alike, and I’ve already added it to my tbr list. The novella was too short to give me any insight on whether I’d enjoy the full-length novel, but it did give me an idea of the author’s easy-flowing writing style which had me connecting to Mila’s character in no time. Very little happens to really give the reader the full scope of Mila, other than that she’s fearless and determined. Those are definitely two of the qualities I look for in female protagonists, and after reading the first seven chapters of Mila 2.0 (excerpted in this novella), I’m more excited than ever to get started on this promising novel. All-in-all, if the novella doesn’t help you decide, maybe the first few chapters of the full-length story might. It took me about an hour or so to read the entire kindle version of Mila 2.0: Origins: The Fire, and as it’s free for download, it’s a good way to see if Mila 2.0 might be a read you’ll enjoy. So I say go for it. 

 


 



READ more REVIEWS

Mila 2.0: Origins: The Fire by Debra Driza has 69 reviews on Goodreads. Read it here.

PURCHASE LINKS

Amazon (FREE)

No comments: