Wednesday, October 17, 2012

REVIEW: "THE DOLL" - by J.C. Martin


THE DOLL
by J.C. Martin

REVIEWED BY: Books4Tomorrow



OVERVIEW

The Island of the Dolls is a strange and eerie tourist destination in Mexico, where hundreds of decomposing dolls hang from trees like grisly Christmas ornaments. On a trip to the island, Joyce Parker's daughter falls in love with a beautiful but sinister doll. Soon after, she starts developing strange mannerisms that concerns Joyce. Her research into the doll's past reveals a dark history, and the curse of a lonely child spirit.

REVIEW

Being a huge fan of horror books and horror movies, the cover and title of this novella had me breaking out in goose bumps even before I started reading it. From the very first page to the chilling finale, “The Doll” was an excellent read. The author consistently maintains a sinister feeling of foreboding throughout the story, and in the span of a few pages, manages to tell a frightening tale filled with interesting little details and solid characters. I found the plot slightly predictable at times, but the conclusion of the story more than made up for it with its disturbing and unanticipated ending. A worthwhile read for sure!




READ more REVIEWS

“The Doll” by J.C. Martin has 32 reviews on GoodReads. Read it here.

PURCHASE LINKS

Amazon (FREE)
SmashWords  (FREE)
Barnes & Noble  (FREE)

AUTHOR LINK

J.C. Martin Facebook Page

2 comments:

burunestetigi said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks. Rinoplasti

Unknown said...

Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!
buy youtube subscribers

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...