Monday, September 3, 2012

REVIEW: "EMBRACE" (The Gryphon Series, book 2) - by Stacey Rourke


EMBRACE
(The Gryphon Series, book 2)
by Stacey Rourke

REVIEWED BY: Books4Tomorrow

OVERVIEW

Whether she likes it or not, eighteen year old Celeste Garrett has come to terms with being the Chosen One. She knew having a “normal life” would be tricky, between intense training sessions and epic demonic battles, but she didn’t know at what cost it would come. That is, until a dear friend is harmed by the malicious forces hunting her. 

Now, she’d like nothing more than to retreat into a hermit lifestyle to prevent anyone else from getting hurt. But startling revelations, amazing new abilities, and mortifying moments in front of insanely hot guys won’t allow time for that. Soon, Celeste finds herself surrounded by darkness and wondering who she can trust—if anyone.

REVIEW

Once again I couldn’t help but marvel at Stacey Rourke’s superb writing. Aside from her wicked sense of humor, she has an uncanny knack to effortlessly draw the reader into her characters’ world. Reading “Embrace” was like immersing myself in favorite TV shows such as “Angel” and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”. The action-packed, fast-paced plot is extremely well-written and due to this I could easily visualize every scene and make myself at home in the characters’ lives. The side-splitting humor and sarcastic banter between the good en evil characters had me in fits of laughter and was a constant reminder of why this author is one of my absolute favorites.   

Every character in this book has their own distinct personality, quirks and traits, and I loved every single one of them. The author keeps you guessing about whom some of the bad guys are, whereas a few others are quite obvious. The gripping plot is filled with twists and surprises, and there’s never a dull moment in this story. No matter how many times I promised myself I’ll only read one more chapter and then go to bed, I always ended up reading five or seven chapters more, until way past my intended bedtime. To say this author’s books are addictive is an understatement.

I honestly enjoyed every aspect of this book right from the first page to the cliffhanger ending, but the one that stands out for me the most is the Dark Army Glee Club. If there’s nothing in my review to convince you to get yourself a copy of this book, then at least purchase it just to experience this singing group of nerdy misfit demons. They leave quite a memorable impression!

I happily give “Embrace” a highly recommended, well-deserved five star rating. The Gryphon series so far has been a boatload of fun to read, and I’ll be first in line to read the next book in this magnificent series!

 


READ more REVIEWS

“Embrace” by Stacey Rourke has 42 reviews on GoodReads. Read it here.

PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR LINKS

Stacey Rourke Facebook Page
Stacey Rourke’s Website
Follow Stacey on Twitter


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This website truly has all of the information I wanted about this subject and didn't know who to ask.
My page: Www.VisionWithoutGlassesScam.Org

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...