Sunday, January 15, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: "Scent of a White Rose" - by TISH THAWER


SCENT OF A WHITE ROSE
(The Rose Trilogy book 1)
by Tish Thawer

About the Book
Review
Author Interview


SCENT OF A WHITE ROSE

A vampire's love... 

An innocent's guilt... 

A secret no one could've imagined... 

A paranormal romance that entices with a heroine that isn't quite what she seems, a vampire who's love story is filled with dark surprises, and a vampire clan who's Sire has lost the ability to inflict "the change". 

~ ROSE ~ 
I'm Rose Reynolds. I have recently lost my Mom in a "freak accident". 
Now everyone sees me as an innocent girl.... a “white Rose”. 
But I have a secret that no one can imagine. 
I'm not as innocent as everyone thinks… 

~ CHRISTIAN ~ 
I'm Christian and I’m in love with Rose. I also have a secret as old as time.
I’m a vampire. 
No, she doesn’t know…yet. 
But when our new Sire is revealed, I'll petition them to change her. 
Because truly, I can't live without her...

REVIEW forSCENT OF A WHITE ROSE
by Books4Tomorrow

Sensual, passionate and thrilling, are only some of the words that describes “Scent of a White Rose”. Vampires and demons with an exciting difference added to the enjoyment and uniqueness of this book. Beautifully descriptive romance between the main characters which indulges the reader’s senses, took me deeper into their love and feelings for each other. I also enjoyed that the story is told from different viewpoints, so the reader knows exactly what each character is thinking and feeling – but at the same time I also felt that there could be more showing and less telling.

The highly imaginative plotline is full of kick-ass twists and builds up in intensity the further you get into the book. The concept of “drifting” in which the feelings of vampires are visible through the changing colors of their hair, eyes and skin at different stages of their emotions, tickled me pink and fascinated me. Everything comes nicely together by the end of the story, with enough left over for the next book in the series. 

A quick and easy read, this is definitely a five star book, but the profanity got a little much for me halfway through and therefore the 4 stars. But overall, I enjoyed this exhilarating first volume in The Rose trilogy from start to finish and can’t wait for the next book to be released!

 


READ more REVIEWS

“Scent of a White Rose” by Tish Thawer has 15 reviews on GoodReads. Read it here - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12608870-scent-of-a-white-rose

MEET this week’s FEATURED AUTHOR


Before becoming a writer, Tish Thawer worked as a computer consultant, a photographer, and a graphic designer. She also operates a custom glass etching business, in addition to being a wife and the mother of 3 wonderful children.

She's been a fan of the paranormal for as long as she can remember. Anything to do with superpowers, myth and magic has always held a special place in her heart. From her first paranormal cartoon, Isis, to the phenomenon that is Twilight, this genre has always been a part of her life.

INTERVIEW with author TISH THAWER

Q: Why did you decide to write a trilogy and not a stand-alone novel?

A: When I woke up with the title of the first book in my head, it was only a few seconds later that I thought of the other two, and knew that this story would be about the downward spiral of a young woman named Rose. I wanted to show her progression from one book to the next, and didn't think I could wrap it all up in just one book.

Q: What was the easiest part of writing “Scent of a White Rose?

A: Christian and Rose's love story. From the beginning, I knew that there wouldn't be any angsty drama when it came to their relationship. Yes they will face trials, but they love each other...period.

Q: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in “Scent of a White Rose”?

A: I don't think so. I know there are a few loose ends, but you have to remember, there are 2 and half more books coming. There are loose ends because this was the initial set-up for the story. I think SOWR left things just where they needed to be.

Q: Which of the characters are most/least like you, and in what way(s)?

A: Rose is most like me since she's sensitive but tough. She never gives up on going after her dreams, even when things get difficult. The least like me would be Bobby. He's not as tied down as the other characters, and I am very happily tied down.

Q: Which of your characters would you most/least like to invite to dinner, and why?

A: I would love to invite Evangeline for dinner, because she's refined and elegant and would be a wealth of information. However, I probably wouldn't be having Terrance over any time soon, since he obviously has some issues going on right now that could lead to me becoming the main course. *Eekk*

Q: What are your current projects?

A: I'm currently writing Roses and Thorns, a Rose Trilogy short story that details the time when Christian and Rose openly dated before her mother was killed. After that, it's back to books two and three of The Rose Trilogy, and then on to the Ovialell Trilogy.

Q: What do you like to do when you're not writing?

A: Watch movies and hang out with my family.

Q: Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

A: Rae Hachton, Cambria Hebert, and Brynn Myers. I've read a little of each of their work and I'll be excited when I actually have the time to sit down and finish their books.

Q: Do you read reviews of your books? If so, do you pay any attention to them, or let them influence your writing?

A: If I come across them, yes I read them. I do pay attention to them because I value the reader’s opinion, but I wouldn't say that I let them influence my writing. I think reviews are good motivation for me. If it's a good review then it motivates me to continue working hard to produce something that will meet the readers expectations of my future books, and if it's a bad review then it motivates me to work harder to fill the gaps of what that reader felt they were lacking. I know what I need to work on and I will forever feel like I can do better, so while reviews won't change who I am and how I write...they do motivate me to produce the best work that I can.

Q: Do you have any advice for other writers?

A: Don't give up. If you have a story that is dying to be told, then work hard to tell it. But make sure you are doing your best work and you get an editor that can help you make the most of your manuscript. Editing is key!!

PURCHASE LINKS


AUTHOR LINKS

Twitter@TishThawer

Click on the SMOKING ROSE image below to link to Tish's contact page. Once there, leave her a comment and tell her how many smoking roses you found and where you found them today.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved SOWR! Can't wait for the next 3 books. Ms. Thawer's first attempt has hit a home run. Didn't mind the profanity, as it sounds like me when I get mad or upset about something. *****

Tish Thawer said...

Anonymous - Thank you for your comment and support. I have admitted to having the mouth of a sailor - but I will be taking Angie's (and other's) advice for my future books, and try to make sure that strong emotions are portrayed in maybe a more classy manner! Though - there are times when you just can't say anything other than, "Oh s..." :D ~ Tish

Canada said...

Wow,This story just keeps getting better with each book! What a great series! I am stoked about getting the next book!
Christian and Rose have that love that every girl dreams of.Christian is to lovable!! Add in all the action that threatens their love and you are rooting for them to just make it through all it all.All of the vampires in Christian's clan are just so nice you want to join them yourself!!

TIME-OUT!

I’ve been an avid blogger and reviewer since October 2011. It has changed my life in so many wonderful ways! I’ve met other reviewers ...